STATEMENT OF FAITH
Lifeway College is non-denominational. Whilst teachers and students represent many different Christian congregations, we hold to the following truths:
- We believe in the Triune God, eternal in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit; One God, the only living and true God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, who is sovereign over all.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, who is fully God; that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, crucified, died and was buried, was resurrected from the dead and ascended into Heaven and is at the right hand of God the Father.
- We believe that the text of the Old and New Testaments as originally given are the inspired and true record of the Revelation of God to humanity, and are the supreme authority in all matters of life and faith.
- We believe that humanity was created in the image of God to worship him alone and to rule over his creation.
- We believe in the universal fall of humanity into sin through Adam’s transgression and in his subsequent guilt, depravity, judgment and condemnation.
- We believe in the free offer of salvation to all people and the necessity of exercising faith in the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.
- We believe that because of the grace of God those who believe in Jesus Christ are credited with the righteousness of Christ.
- We believe the Holy Spirit’s presence in the believer begins at salvation and enables the believer to live the Christian life in fellowship and obedience to God.
- We believe in one holy, universal Church, the Body of Christ, to which all believers in Jesus Christ belong and in which they are united through the Spirit for the work of the gospel.
- We believe Jesus Christ will physically return to earth for the second time to fulfil His promises and bring His kingdom in all its glory. This will be followed by the judgement of all people leading to eternal life for believers and eternal separation from God for unbelievers.